Strategies for research can include:
- Bring managers and scientists together at the appropriate scales to prioritize research needs that address resource management objectives considering a changing climate.
- Prioritize research on questions relevant to managers of near-term risk environments.
- Identify and address priority climate change knowledge gaps and needs (e.g., species adaptive capacity, risk and rewards of assisted relocation, climate change synergy with existing stressors).
- Develop and use models of climate impacted physical and biological variables and ecological processes at temporal and spatial scales relevant for conservation.
- Increase scientific and management capacity to develop management strategies to address climate change impacts.
- Collect seeds from and monitor the species most vulnerable to climate change.